Sponsored by Monday Properties and written by ARLnow, Startup Monday is a weekly column that profiles Arlington-based startups, founders, and other local technology news. Monday Properties is proudly featuring 1515 Wilson Blvd in Rosslyn.
The featured companies had a median 3-year growth of 181%. There were 31 companies on the list last year.
Rosslyn-based advertising agency Olympic Media led the way, placing 13th. The company was founded in 2018 and has grown by 20,330% over the last three years. Olympic’s explosion in growth makes it the fastest-growing company in Virginia and the D.C. area, as well as the No. 1 advertising and marketing company on the list.
“We are honored to be included in such an esteemed list which serves a ‘who’s-who’ of American business,” said founder and CEO Ryan Coyne in a press release. “We started as a one-man operation in an office the size of a closet. Now we have over thirty employees making up four departments, all dedicated to our diverse clientele and to each other.”
Olympic chalks its success up to its team and its business model. The company’s clientele consists of businesses, advocacy groups and conservative political campaigns.
“There is no getting away from the talent and dedication of the team we have been able to build — as cliche as that may sound,” Coyne said in a statement to ARLnow. “We really do emotionally invest in the success of our clients. Second to that, I think it’s a combination of our unique business model that better aligns incentives between ourselves and our clients — as well as word spreading about the success our clients have had.”
The team deserves being recognized as 13th on the list, given their success and dedication, he said.
“We had gotten some indication that we would be fairly high on the list (including some fairly invasive financial disclosures) but being the No. 1 Advertising & Marketing company in the nation was certainly higher than I had expected,” Coyne said. “It’s both a validation of our business model and work quality as well as a challenge for the team to keep pushing boundaries, taking risks and raising the bar.”
Klacik raised $8.3 million in donations. Citing campaign finance filings and her campaign manager, the Washington Post said Olympic charged $3.7 million for its services. Klacik later said the fees were for advertising on YouTube and Facebook, the Daily Caller reported. Olympic told the Daily Caller that anyone arguing the company itself pocketed that much money from the race is “a competitor, a moron, or a writer for the Washington Post.”
Of the other 29 companies, some have been featured in ARLnow, such as HUNGRY, Ostendio, C3 Integrated Solutions, SweatWorks and ThreatConnect, most of which made the list previously. It was the debut, however, for Ballston-based Hungry, which managed to grow despite the pandemic being a major headwind for its office and events catering business.
“Not only is it an incredible honor to receive a spot on the Inc. 5000 list, it’s a true testament to the hustle, grit, and smarts our team has displayed over the last year and half,” said HUNGRY Co-Founder and CEO Jeff Grass said in a press release. “Despite all the challenges we faced due to the pandemic, we’ve defied the odds — relying on great teamwork, superhuman accomplishments by many people across the team, and by staying true to our Core Value #4: Positivity.”
Other repeat honorees include 540.co, Enterprise Knowledge, Sehlke Consulting and IDS International Group.
The full list of Arlington companies is as follows:
- 13. Olympic Media (20,330% growth)
- 197. Objective Area Solutions (2,199% growth)
- 306. Secure Planet (1,497% growth)
- 408. DonorBureau (1,185% growth)
- 434. Hungry (1,127% growth)
- 586. Vemo Education (824% growth)
- 852. Royce Geospatial Consultants (573% growth)
- 911. PhoenixTeam (532% growth)
- 1,067. Ostendio (454% growth)
- 1,225. C3 Integrated Solutions (393% growth)
- 1,332. Blake Willson Group (357% growth)
- 1,631. SweatWorks (283% growth)
- 1,636. Quantitative Scientific Solutions (282% growth)
- 1,822. DWBH (250% growth)
- 2,226. Sehlke Consulting (192% growth)
- 2,343. Enterprise Knowledge (181% growth)
- 2,380. iTech AG (178% growth)
- 2,419. OpenWater Software (175% growth)
- 2,829. The Spiggle Law Firm (140% growth)
- 2,845. Michael Shannon Consulting (138% growth)
- 2,886. Vertical Applications (136% growth)
- 3,040. 540.co (125% growth)
- 3,130. Quantum Search Partners (120% growth)
- 3,402. Fonteva (103% growth)
- 3,500. Nuvitek (98% growth)
- 3,544. Advanced Concepts and Technologies International (96% growth)
- 3,579. ThreatConnect (95% growth)
- 3,803. Summit2Sea Consulting (86% growth)
- 4,049. M9 Solutions (75% growth)
- 4,927. IDS International Group (42% growth)