- Bozoma Saint John took the leading promoting task at Netflix approximately a 12 months back.
- She’s considering that poached players from Spotify and Condé Nast’s Allure for critical positions.
- Insider has discovered 9 prime marketers underneath Saint John.
- See far more stories on Insider’s business page.
produced just one of its most significant current outdoors hires when it tapped very last yr Bozoma Saint John to run promoting.
The former Endeavor, Uber, and Apple exec turned Netflix’s CMO in August.
She has because been creating a staff of entrepreneurs, each from inside and exterior the streaming firm.
Saint John employed in June Marian Lee Dicus from Spotify to lead Netflix’s marketing and advertising efforts in North America. Later that identical month, she poached former Attract editor Michelle Lee to operate editorial and publishing.
Most of Saint John’s prime deputies, which includes the people responsible for every location Netflix operates in, now seem to be to be in position.
Her internet marketing staff consists of:
- Danielle Criminal-Davies, VP, EMEA promoting, who has held the submit for about a few yrs. The former Vodafone and Starbucks marketer joined Netflix in 2014. She assisted the streamer amass 68.5 million compensated subscribers in the region.
- Marian Lee Dicus, VP, UCAN advertising, is the former Spotify exec who joined Netflix in June. She was the worldwide co-head of music in her prior career. Ahead of that, she was a marketer at J.Crew, on the net retailer Gilt Groupe, and Condé Nast. Saint John claimed she employed Lee Dicus in section for her assorted skilled working experience.
- Shelly Gillyard, VP, US series promoting, is a previous Nike and Nickelodeon exec who moved around to Netflix in March. Saint John praised Gillyard’s “impressive keep track of record of driving conversations” in her retain the services of announcement. Gillyard reviews into Lee Dicus.
- Jonathan Helfgot, VP, unique movies advertising and marketing, is liable for advertising and marketing Netflix’s films to a international audience. He joined Netflix in 2018 from 20th Century Fox. Saint John has described Helfgot as a “an outstanding and dependable chief” inside of the Netflix’s marketing and advertising section. He reports into Lee Dicus.
- Michelle Lee, VP, editorial and publishing, is joining Netflix afterwards this month to oversee the streamer’s social-media channels such as “Potent Black Direct,” its suite of podcasts, and its other editorial operations like the magazine Queue. She was formerly editor-in-main of Condé Nast’s Attract Magazine, and held top rated roles at Nylon Media and Magnified Media, between other roles.
- Eric Pallotta, VP, brand name, is responsible for all the streaming service’s brand advertising perform. He most recently led the launch of the Netflix marketing campaign, “A single Tale Away.” Prior to Netflix, Pallotta was a director at company PMK-BNC.
- Vinicius Losacco, VP, LATAM internet marketing, has helped shape Netflix’s marketing and manufacturer system in Latin The united states, the place it now has 38 million paid subscribers. He’s been with Netflix considering the fact that 2013, together with by the launch of major primary sequence in the area like “Narcos” and “La Casa De Papel.”
- Barry Smyth, VP, APAC marketing, has also been a important advertising and marketing determine in Netflix for yrs. Prior to he was promoted to his existing put up, Smyth led Netflix’s promoting partnership efforts to create buzz for exhibits like “Stranger Matters,” as a result of constrained-edition Nike sneakers, Baskin-Robbins ice cream, and co-advertising deals. Smyth held senior roles at Google and Motorola in advance of Netflix.
- Shannon Willett, VP, world-wide internet marketing strategy and operations, has held many roles during her six-year tenure at Netflix, like foremost marketing and advertising teams dependable for North The us, Australia, and New Zealand. She put in 7 decades at the advert agency Allied Integrated Internet marketing before Netflix.