BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) – The Superior Enterprise Bureau of South Central Louisiana has been acquiring some complaints about frauds involving the well-liked site eBay.
The BBB reported eBay is a terrific web page and urges you to store there, but each time you are procuring on the net, you have to be aware that scammers are undertaking the same and seeking to scam you out of your funds.
A local client contacted us saying he was trying to make a big purchase on eBay. The particular person advertising the products, questioned the consumer to purchase $1,200 in items card to shell out for the merchandise, which the shopper did. The customer was then asked for an extra $500 in gift cards to pay back for shipping and insurance policies. When the buyer could no extended get to the vendor, he arrived at out to BBB.
She explained the aim for these scammers is to get the dollars that you spend on the gift playing cards. They will ask for the numbers on the back of the reward card and then remove the card’s value. These scammers just use eBay due to the fact it’s a properly-identified identify.
“In some of people warning indicators is 1, of class, is if they are asking to invest in a reward card,” stated Carmen Million with the BBB of South Central Louisiana. “That’s a warning indicator. If you just cannot discuss to them more than the cell phone or if you cannot visibly see the product in human being, individuals are concerns.”
- You never at any time want to obtain something until viewing it to start with, in particular if it is located out of condition.
- If you’re heading to buy a little something on line, you want to use a credit score card or PayPal, so you have a way to dispute the cost just before having to pay the monthly bill.
- If somebody asks you to spend for some thing by gift card or wire transfer, which is an speedy crimson flag, since you are fundamentally handing the scammer funds.
- If you are striving to purchase something from eBay and it appears like a fraud, make sure to let eBay know, and report it to our Rip-off Tracker site.
- Constantly investigate in advance of you spend!
Click on below to report a typo.
Copyright 2021 WAFB. All legal rights reserved.